Sunday, March 14, 2010

Some Seasons of my Soul

Rain falls
Cold harshness of winter in our souls
Ice forms
Snow is quiet and beautiful

Snow disappears slightly slower that it came
The ice melts leaving muddy yards and dirty cars
And the quiet is soon replaced by the hectic turmoil
That fuels our obsessions

First sign was the growth on the peach orchards
A hint of color in the stark dormant cold
Life is coming

Longer days, warmer temps
We know change is coming soon
So many Robins, fill a tree like leaves
Eating the berries of the holly

There is hope of warmness ahead
Warm sun shining on my skin
And warm feelings thawing my soul from inside

I saw snow again, clinging to the budding trees
Winter didn’t want to leave so soon this time
But the buds opened only days later
Pinks and reds bursting forth

God has pulled His paintbrush from its storage place
The rains have renewed His palette

Excitement of the coming adventure
Replaces fear of the unknown future
Hope is alive once more!

1 comment:

advsr said...

I read this often because it warms my soul that you are writing again. How can you be a prophet and not write?