Thursday, June 4, 2009

It is Finished

Thats what Jesus said as He hung there. He knew his work as a mortal man was over. The whole reason and purpose for Him to come into this fallen world as a helpless baby was to be the "escape goat" for the whole human race. All through the old testament you'll find refereneces to Gods requirement for a flawless sacrifice to atone for the sins of his chosen people, the Jews. And flawless and perfect is exactly what He was.

BUT the one thing that differeniates Jesus from other great good people, Mohammad, Budda, Mother Teresa, and so many more is the fact that He overcame death. He walked with, talked with, comforted, and consoled, and continued to teach His followers in person, after he had died. He was living proof there is life after death. They didn't even recognize Him at first. The bible says we will recieve a new body, free from all defects, but His body still had some reminders, the holes in His hands, and side. The places that "doubting Thomas" actually touched Him.

I believe what I read in the Bible. I believe Jesus is alive today, reigning in all His Glory in a realm that we cannot see or visit as long as we're in these earthly bodies. I long for the time to be absent from this body, and to be present with Him. No more pain, no more suffering. The streets are said to be paved with gold up there, can you imagine how smooth and sweet that would be to ride on golden streets! I wonder if there are bicycles there? The bible doesn't say anything about that. At least not that I've found yet. But don't take my word for it, get you one and read it for yourself.

Ask Jesus to come into your life as your personal saviour. Even if you don't believe as I do, you can believe that I believe! And My God is big enough for both of us, He will meet you where ever you are and then take you to where He wants you to be. All it takes is a little faith, as small as a mustard seed to get started.

No comments: